Full Day Machu Picchu by train – Full Day
Discover the amazing Machu Picchu – the lost city of the Incas: Leave on morning train ride from Cusco to Machu Picchu; walking tour at Machu Picchu Citadel. Afternoon train ride back to Cusco. If you are short of time but would still like to visit the legendary “Lost City of the Incas; Machu Picchu it is possible to visit this amazing archeological site in one day.
- Trip Overview
- Prices & Includes
- Contact Us
Day by Day Itinerary
Type Service: Group Tour
Destinations: Machu Picchu
Activities: Cultural and History,Family
Day 1 – Machu Picchu / Back to Cusco
Pick up from the Hotel; full day Excursion to Machu Picchu, early transfer to the nearby train station to Poroy for the train journey to the mysterious lost city of Machu Picchu, upon arrival transfer to the Bus Stop for the short ride (25 minutes) up to the citadel of Machu Picchu. Upon arrival, you will participate in a guided tour of the Citadel, visiting the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Sun Dial (the most important preserved Intiwatana), the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows, houses, warehouses, a large central square; and all connected by narrow roads and steps that are surrounded by terraces cut into the mountain side. After the tour you’ll have time to stroll around the Archaeological Site at your leisure.
Opportunity to walk (approx 1 hour) up to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) or climb to the top of Wayna Picchu, with a magnificent view of the whole Sanctuary, return in the afternoon by train to Cusco and transfer to your hotel
Meals Included: None
- Entrance to parks and cultural sights.
- Guided visits and mentioned excursions.
- English/Spanish speaking guide to accompany visits and excursions.
- All transfers.
- Train tickets Expedition Class.
- International airfares.
- Domestic flights.
- Airport departure (US$30 per person for international flights and US$6.5 for national flights) Taxes or visa fees.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations.
- Alcoholic beverages or bottled water.
- Insurance of any kind.
- Phone calls.
- Radio calls or messages.
- Reconfirmation of flights and items of personal nature.
- Personal equipment.
- Obligatory personal insurance and meals which are not mentioned.
- Upgrade the train to Vistadome Class: add US$ 50 per person
- Lunch at Aguas Calientes restaurant: add US$ 18 per person
- Lunch at Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge restaurant: add US$ 35 per person
Curabitur ut lectus leo, eget bibendum dolor. Quisque velit lectus, varius ut posuere sit amet, interdum eget lacus. Donec quis scelerisque enim. Integer venenatis, erat nec blandit dapibus, justo mi adipiscing turpis, vel placerat ante lectus sed est. Maecenas bibendum tristique elit nec iaculis.
Proin ut enim ligula. Praesent molestie nulla pellentesque erat vulputate luctus. Suspendisse laoreet quam vel turpis pellentesque convallis. Duis vehicula diam quis arcu porttitor id gravida sem suscipit. Phasellus nec libero vel nunc scelerisque viverra. Curabitur mauris odio, hendrerit quis.