INKAPERUTERRA – BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Inkaperuterra wants you to enjoy your holiday of a lifetime with complete success. Please take the time to read and understand the conditions of booking set out below prior to booking a trip with Inkaperuterra.
1. THE CONTRACT
All persons wishing to make a booking have carefully read and understand our Terms and Conditions that follow. By making a booking with Inkaperuterra or its Agents, you accept on behalf of yourself and all those named on the booking including minors and person under a disability to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. A booking is accepted and becomes definite only from the date when Inkaperuterra sends a confirmation invoice or email. It is at this point that a contract between Inkaperuterra and the Client comes into existence; before your booking is confirmed and a contract comes into force.
Inkaperuterra or their agents reserve the right to decline any booking at their discretion. The person or persons named on the booking are hereafter referred to as the “Client”. These Terms and Conditions shall constitute the entire agreement between Inkaperuterra and the Client relating to the subject matter herein, and shall constitute a binding agreement. The service to be provided is/are the tour(s) referred to in the booking confirmation.
2. MEDICAL CONDITIONS AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
The Client must notify Inkaperuterra in writing during the process of booking of any medical conditions, pregnancy, disability or any other mental and or physical condition which may affect fitness to travel and or any medical condition. Failure to notify Inkaperuterra may result in the Client being refused travel. Failure to notify Inkaperuterra of any such condition that results in cancellation will have full cancellation fees to the Client. Some trips may be unsuitable for Clients due to age, mobility, disability, pregnancy or physical or mental conditions. It is the Client’s responsibility to check prior to booking. Inkaperuterra may refuse to carry pregnant women over 24 weeks or Clients with certain conditions. Inkaperuterra is not required to provide any special facilities unless it has agreed to do so in writing. Inkaperuterra will do its best to meet Clients special requests including dietary, but such requests do not form part of the Contract and therefore Inkaperuterra is not liable for not providing these requests. Medical facilities vary from country to country and Inkaperuterra makes no representations and gives no warranties in relation to the standard of such treatment.
Traveling with Children
Clients aged 18 at date of first travel are viewed as adults. An adult over the age of 18 must accompany every 2 children under the age of 18. The ratio of adults to children traveling together must be one adult per two children and two adults per four children (17 and under). The minimum age for Clients traveling on tours is 12 (for Family designated tours, the minimum age is 5). All enquiries with respect to children are subject to review and approval by Inkaperuterra that reserves the right to restrict the number of travelers under the age of 18 on tours.
3. ABOUT TRIP COST
Inkaperuterra reserves the right to increase the tour cost to take into account of the following items: Government action, Currency fluctuations, transportation costs (including the cost of fuel), food increases, airport charges and increase in scheduled air fares or any other increase that is beyond our control. All prices are United States Dollar based.
Should any price increase, Inkaperuterra will absorb the price increase only if the price increase is less than 4% of the total package price. If the increase is more than 4%, the client will be surcharged 100% of the difference with the original price.
4. DEPOSITS AND FINAL PAYMENTS SCHEDULE
|TRIP COST PER PERSON US$||DEPOSIT REQUIRED||FINAL BALANCE|
|Trip cost under US$ 600||US$ 250 per person||15 days before trip departure|
|Trip cost between US$ 601-US$ 800||US$ 350 per person||30 days before trip departure|
|Trip cost between US$ 801-US$ 1000||US$ 400 per person||30 days before trip departure|
|Trip cost greater than US$ 1001||50% of trip cost||30-45 days before trip departure|
Note: To secure a booking with Inkaperuterra, the client must pay deposit required at time of reservation.
Special Requirements for Payments
- All flights (domestic and international) bookings have to be paid 100% in advance to secure spaces.
5. PAYMENT OPTIONS
a. Credit Card
Once you decide to book our services (trek, tour, package, flight, hotel, train, etc.) you can pay by our safest and fastest online payment with Credit Card (VISA, Master Card, American Express and Diners) and you must add 4% per transaction to your Initial bill as it is a Credit Card commission charges.
b. Wire Transfer
You can directly transfer funds from your own banking account to our banking account. There is a US$ 50 admin fee attached to this account that you need to add onto the amount you are sending. We will send you details of our account upon your confirmation of trip.
Duration of taken to receive transfer: 1 day to 3 days dependent on where you are sending from.
c. Western Union
Another way to do your payment from abroad and avoid high bank charges or taxes is using WESTERN UNION, a global transfer service that has a large network of offices around the world. From the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, France, Netherlands & Norway you can make the money transfer online. Just visit the website www.westernunion.com and follow the instructions. Visa and Master Card can be used. We will send you details of what information to use upon your confirmation of trip.
Duration of taken to receive transfer: Almost instantaneous.
6. CLIENT DETAILS
In order for Inkaperuterra to confirm and guarantee the Client’s travel arrangements the Client must provide all Client Details with their final payment. If the Client does not provide all details 60 days or more before departure, an Administrative Fee will be charged to the Client. In the event where client details have not been received by Inkaperuterra 30 days prior to the Client’s trip departure, Inkaperuterra reserves the right to treat the file as cancelled and full cancellation fees will apply. Client Details required will vary tour by tour, and will be advised during the booking process. However, at a minimum Client Details include passport number, passport expiry date, full name as it appears in the passport you are traveling with, date of birth, place of birth, nationality and arrival details (or other documents as requested by Inkaperuterra). A booking may not be confirmed without provision of Client Details.
7. CANCELLATION BY THE CLIENT – NOT APPLY FOR INCA TRAIL AND FLIGHTS
Any cancellation by a Client must be made in writing and be acknowledged by Inkaperuterra in writing. The date on which the request to cancel is received by Inkaperuterra or its Agents will determine the cancellation fees applicable.
|CANCELLATION POLICY||REFUND MONEY TO CLIENT (%)|
|If you cancel a trip after making a booking, we will retain 20% of the deposit||80% of the deposit|
|60 days or more prior to departure, we will retain – 50% of the deposit||50% of the deposit|
|59-31 days; we will retain – 100% of the deposit||0% of the deposit|
|30-16 days; we will retain – 75% of trip cost||25% of trip cost|
|15 days or less; we will retain – 100% of trip cost||0% of trip cost|
- Payments or deposit for flights and Inca Trail bookings are non-refundable due to airlines and Inca Trail policies.
- In case of postponing the trip, an administration fee of 20% of the trip price will be charged plus the amount already spent on non-refundable subcontracted services. The remaining amount may be used toward future travel with Inkaperuterra.
- No refund will be made if you voluntary leave a trip for any reason after the trip has begun. Refunds will be at the discretion of Inkaperuterra, if you are involuntary forced to leave a trip for any reason. No refunds will be made for any accommodation, transport, sightseeing, meals or services no utilized.
- It is strongly recommended that full insurance is taken out, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges.
8. CHANGES AND CANCELLATION BY INKAPERUTERRA
While Inkaperuterra will use its best endeavors to operate all tours as advertised, by entering into this contract the Client accepts that it may prove necessary or advisable to vary or modify a tour itinerary or its contents due to prevailing local conditions.
- Inkaperuterra reserves the right at any time to cancel or change any of the facilities, services or prices (including flights, accommodation or other arrangements) and to substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value without compensation and accepts no liability for loss of enjoyment as a result of these changes.
- Inkaperuterra may cancel a trip at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel a trip you may choose between us applying the amounts paid toward an alternative trip or receiving a full refund less 10% of the deposit.
- We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking such as visas, vaccinations or non-refundable flights.
9. CHANGES BY THE CLIENT
- For any change by the client to the itinerary after receiving a confirmed Travel Invoice from Inkaperuterra, a US$ 40 changing fee will be charged plus any costs or charges which are incurred or levied by our suppliers as a result of the amendment. While every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate changes and additional requests, their availability cannot be guaranteed.
- Any change made by the Client must be done within 45 labor days before the trip departure, if not, Inkaperuterra will reserve the right to accept or decline the modifications suggested according to availability of the tourists companies: lodgings, tour operators and transport.
- The changes in reservations made 44 labor days before the trip departure, will not be accepted.
- Any changes to the original booking must be confirmed by the person signing the booking form.
10. SUBSTITUTION OF CLIENT
If any member of your party is prevented from traveling, it may be possible to transfer the booking to another suitable person, provided that written notice is given at least 45 days prior to departure. An administration fee of US$ 50 will be levied plus any costs imposed by Inkaperuterra suppliers.
For Inca Trail change any information such as dates, name and passport number is not possible after a permit has been processed. A permit is non-transferable/ nor refundable. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your permit after you have cancelled.
11. PASSPORT, VISA AND VACCINATIONS
It is the responsibility of the Client to be in possession of a valid passport, visa permits, inoculations and preventive medicines as may be required for the duration of the tour. Information about these matters or related items is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of Inkaperuterra.
12. AGE, FITNESS AND PARTICIPATION
- All Clients are expected to satisfy themselves prior to booking that they are fit and able to complete the itinerary of their choosing. Persons over 60 years of age will be advised to obtain medical evidence of fitness to travel on the chosen itinerary.
- No unaccompanied minors (those under 18 years of age) can be accepted on tours operated by Inkaperuterra, however older teenagers may be considered provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who accepts full responsibility for them.
- Inkaperuterra reserves the absolute right to decline a booking at their discretion. Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of Inkaperuterra employees, tour leaders and agents, while on the tour with Inkaperuterra.
- If in the opinion of such person the health or conduct of a Client before or after departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of a tour, the Client may be excluded from all or part of the tour. In case of ill health Inkaperuterra may make such arrangements as it sees fit and recover the costs thereof from the Client.
13. LOCAL LAWS
All participants in tours operated by Inkaperuterra are expected to obey the laws and regulations of the countries visited and any failure to do so will relieve Inkaperuterra of all obligations that they may otherwise have under these booking conditions.
14. ILLNESS OR DISABILITY
Anyone suffering from illness or disability or undergoing treatment for any physical or medical condition must declare the true nature of such condition at the time of booking and make arrangements for the provision of any medication or other treatment which may be required during the tour. Failure to make such disclosure will constitute a breach of these booking conditions and result in such persons being excluded from the tour in which case all monies paid will be forfeit. If the chosen holiday includes an excursion or transfer by boat of any sort the Client must make it known at the time of booking if he/she is unable to swim. This will not prevent the Client from participating in the tour but will enable Inkaperuterra to take additional precautions for the Client’s safety at such times as may be appropriate.
15. TRAVEL INSURANCE
Travel insurance is compulsory for all Inkaperuterra travellers and should be taken out at the time of booking. Your travel insurance must provide cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation with a recommended minimum coverage of US$ 200,000 for each of the heads of cover. We also strongly recommend it covers cancellation, curtailment, personal liability and loss of luggage and personal effects.
You must provide proof of your travel insurance 15 days before trip departure; you will not be able to join the trip without it.
16. FLIGHT BOOKINGS
- Inkaperuterra will use its best endeavors to ensure that all flight prices are correct at the time that they are quoted. Airlines reserve the right to amend or withdraw fares without prior notice. Once a deposit is paid on an airfare, it guarantees that a booking is being held for you, it DOES NOT GUARANTEE the fare.
- The fare can only be guaranteed when the flight booking has been paid for in full and a ticket has been issued.
- Flight bookings cannot be transferred. The flight times given by Inkaperuterra are for general guidance only and are subject to change. Up-to-date flight times will be shown on the tickets.
- The Client must check the tickets very carefully immediately upon receipt of the latest timings. Inkaperuterra will endeavor to inform the Client as soon as possible in the event of any flight alteration.
- Details of airlines are also subject to change. Such alterations do not constitute a significant change to the trip arrangements and will therefore not be entitled to cancel without paying the normal charges as a result.
- Inkaperuterra cannot be held responsible for any delay to your flight whether this delay is caused by adverse weather conditions, the action of air traffic controllers, airport authorities or (local) governments, the rescheduling of flight times by the airline, mechanical breakdown, strike, industrial action or any other reason.
17. CLIENTS RESPONSIBILITY
- Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of Inkaperuterra employees, tour leaders and agents whilst on tour with Inkaperuterra. If in the opinion of such persons the health or conduct of a client at any time before or after departure appears likely to endanger the safety, comfort or happy progress of a tour, then the client may be excluded from all or part of the tour.
- In the case of ill health, Inkaperuterra may make arrangements, as it seems fit and recover the costs thereof from the client. If a client commits an illegal act, he/she may be excluded from the tour and Inkaperuterra shall cease to have responsibility to/for them. If you are affected by a condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect other peoples’ enjoyment or active participation of the tour, you must advise us at the time of booking.
- No refund will be given for any unused services. Clients must be in possession of, and are responsible for arranging a valid passport, visa if applicable and any vaccination certificates required for the whole of their journey. Information about these matters or related items (climate, clothing, baggage, etc.) is given in good faith but Inkaperuterra cannot be held responsible for any of this information.
18. Inkaperuterra RESPONSIBILITY
- Inkaperuterra organize by order and account of our travelers, with their names, the transportation, lodging and other tourist services required, so we are not responsible in case of accidents, losses of personal effects, delays or interferences with the tour, due to force major reasons that we have no direct responsibility.
- Inkaperuterra are not responsible for sickness, maternity, physical or mental impediments, which may put into risk the health or integrity of the traveler or third parties during the tour. We will not assume any claim or reimbursement due to the above mentioned reasons.
- Inkaperuterra will not pay compensation if forced to cancel or change your tour because of war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, natural disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, epidemics or health risks, technical or maintenance problems with transport, closed or congested airports or ports, changes imposed by re-scheduling or cancellation of flights by airlines, the alteration of airlines or aircraft types, or similar events beyond the control of Inkaperuterra.
- Inkaperuterra will not accept responsibility for changes in flight schedule or departure airport, as this is the responsibility of the airline. However we will Endeavour to minimize their effects on your journey. We cannot accept liability for any delays in any of your flights, whether the cancellation or delay is caused by adverse weather conditions, rescheduling of the airline, airport authority and/or action by air traffic controllers, mechanical breakdown or industrial action. Where long flight delays result in lost holiday time, no refunds are given by hotels or suppliers. Similarly, airlines do not offer compensation for flight delays. However, at their discretion, carriers will Endeavour to reduce the inconvenience of any delay by providing meals and accommodation, as appropriate for the time of day or night (dependent on local availability). If you incur payments for such services in the event of a delay.
- Inkaperuterra will not accept responsibility for payment unless we have given our prior consent. We request to inform us previous to the agreement of our services, about any limitation of this nature, in order to recommend special services which contemplate the existing impediments.
19. IF THE CLIENT HAS A COMPLAINT?
If the Client has a complaint about any of the tour arrangements he/she must bring it to the attention of the tour leader or other representative of Inkaperuterra at the time so that they may use their best endeavors to rectify the situation. It is only if Inkaperuterra is made aware of any problems that there will be the opportunity to put things right. Complaining to Inkaperuterra as a problem arises during your trip will allow us to remedy the situation or facilitate compensation. Should the problem remain unsolved, a complaint must be made in writing to Inkaperuterra within 28 days of the completion of the holiday.
20. FINANCIAL SECURITY
Inkaperuterra is Tourism Ministry Accredited travel agency in Peru and it is licensed Tour Operator by the Peruvian Ministry of Foreign Trade (DIRCETUR) requires full indemnity insurance and full bonding to comply with all laws regarding the international travel business. Our company registration number (RUC) is 10240001867. Inkaperuterra is Official Licensed Inca Trail Operator.
We are local tour operator with an office in Peru, a company Authorized and Licensed Tour Operator by the Peruvian Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism under Inkaperuterra; we do not own any vehicles, lodges, hotels, restaurants, etc. Instead, we carefully select the local operators in Lima, Arequipa, Puno, Ica, Amazon, Trujillo, etc. and facilities with whom we want to work, and on whom we can rely, based on our 6 years of experience.